Do you have trouble trying to store jewellery without it getting all tangled, earrings separated from each other, tipping out your whole jewellery box just to find one piece of jewellery?
Well here are some tips for on storing your jewellery in a neat and decorative fashion.
Designing and selling jewellery both on a website and from home I need to be able to display my earrings in an organised and professional manner – I hope you can find some inspiration from the ideas below.
*Store earrings (hooks) around a wine glass for an instant neat and decorative look.
*A long string of pearls across the top of your mirror and hang your earrings in the gaps.
*A small storage box from the hardware shop, the ones that have little draws for nails etc. There are 16 draws so you know exactly where everything is.
*Store earrings on a long piece of ribbon and tack the ends onto the back of a dresser/wardrobe
*Use a corkboard, with pins on it and the earrings and necklaces hang off the pins. Or if you are feeling crafty you can decorate the frame of your cork board – remove the actual cork inside the frame, paint the frame and add some little decorations like sequins, beads, lace, ribbon etc staple a piece of mesh (tulle fabric or mesh from your hardware store) and staple that to the frame, this provides room to hold lots of earrings this idea also works with old picture frames as well.
To hold necklaces and bracelets simply screw in some little hooks (you can get these from hardware shops) around the frame.
*Large clear bead containers that are round and screw on top of each other-they are fantastic for rings, beaded bracelets etc as you can see exactly what it is you want and if you don’t wear something for awhile it doesn’t get dusty. Nothing gets tangled either!!
* A roll of film which is damaged place the film horizontal across your shelf and hook your earrings on those little square holes that film has on the edge
* An ornate candelabra that to dangle earrings, necklaces and bracelets from you can sometimes pick these up cheaply at op shops.
* A decorative glass light fitting and then hang them around the edge just like you would on a drinking glass – you could pick up a cheap old light fitting at markets, garage sales etc and then you just dismantle it.
* Mug/cup holders from homewares shops are great for draping your jewellery on.
* A great idea for studs and brooches is to get a pretty piece of thick ribbon or lace then attach the jewellery through the material and you can hang it or pin it across ways near the rest of your jewellery.